Saturday, July 2, 2011

To you it is a backyard, to me it is my GARDEN!

I had a hundred ideas for my " GARDEN" when I moved in 17 years ago. My friend made fun of me and the way I talked about that small space. You see, it was "backyard or balcony" to visitors, but to me it was going to be my GARDEN.

Years have passed. Some of the ideas came to life and most of them did not but I still feel the same about my garden. This year in particular, it is lush and covered by flowers.

I was thumbing through the October '10 issue of "ReadyMade", a magazine filled with ideas and instructions for everyday life, and I came across a paragraph referring to gardening in small spaces and a related website: Life on the Balcony. The website is filled with suggestions, easy to follow instructions, and videos for gardening in small spaces.

I checked it out and instantly knew I have met someone who realizes how I feel about my "GARDEN".

No comments:

Post a Comment