Monday, January 22, 2018

After Decades, Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" Still Stirs Me Up


One of today's headlines read, "Neil Diamond announces retirement from concert touring after diagnosis with Parkinson’s disease." It saddened me, not because I knew him personally, or because he was my favorite singer or anything like that but because it was his voice and his song, "Coming to America", that for several years, was the opening number to my radio program, "America, The Land We Live In".

Although I heard that song at least twice a week for years still every single time that I heard it (or still hear it for that matter) touched and reminded me of how I felt (and feel) about having the opportunity to live in America, where I call HOME.

Link to "Coming to America"

No comments:

Post a Comment