Saturday, February 2, 2019

Well, Hello... Dolly!




I spent hours on end watching TV in the first few years of living in America. One of my favorite shows was "Eight is Enough" and I loved the mom in that show who was portrayed by Betty Buckley. This week, I had the privilege of watching her live on stage for the third time.

After seeing how Betty Buckley crawled under the skin of Grizabella in "CATS" and later, Norma Desmond in "Sunset Boulevard", it was time to see how she brings to life the legendary character, DOLLY. I was wondering whether she will be able to shine through the powerful shadows of legends who had played as "Dolly" before; likes of Mary Martin, Ethel Merman, Carol Channing, and Barbra Streisand. And shine through, she did. Wish you were there.

Hopefully, this short video would help πŸ™‚πŸŽΆπŸ’ƒ

https://youtu.be/pMIOGJO_Vh0




No comments:

Post a Comment