Saturday, August 13, 2016

Little Black Fish



It is exciting to know that Mohammad Aghebati is directing a version of The Little Black Fish for stage. You see, my tie with this "little" book goes back to my own youth. I was 15 and in 10th Grade when I asked our school principal to let me turn a very small vacant room on the second floor into a library. She welcomed the idea, had the room cleaned and a book case was placed in it. All books were to be donated by the faculty and the student body.
The first book I purchased for that library was the Little Black Fish by Samad Behrangi. At the time, as well as today, I think that was THE perfect choice for THAT library.  

"I've always imagined heaven to be a kind of library." - Gabriel García Márquez

Link to: Fundraiser Indigogo (Deadline 8/18/16)

Wikipedia in English
The Little Black Fish

Wikipedia in Farsi
ماهی سیاه کوچولو


No comments:

Post a Comment