Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Help Me Make a Decision!




"Those who are afraid to risk, won't get anywhere."
افرادی که از ریسک کردن میترسند، به جایی نمیرسند

We don't know how bad the oil spill crisis is going to get, or how much it is going to cost. But British Petroleum is one of THE big guys in the picture.

Let me ask you something: Some say it is time to invest in BP (British Petroleum), and some of the financial advisers say: "If you have BP stocks, bail out while you can." While others say: "Hold your nose and buy Bp stock".

Since the oil rig exploded last month, BP's stock as gone from $61 to about $51. I was gonna put an order through today to buy at $48/share (Its 52 week range had been $44.62 ~ $62.38). I didn't. I guess, I sort of chickened out!
That's why I am asking you. What do you think? Should I buy? At what price?

Lets say we had bought 105 shares at $48 today. That would have been $5,040.
I will watch the stock and will add to comments so you know how it is doing.

I am waiting.......

PS. As of the close of today (Wed 5/12/10), BP rose to $48.50 and the market value of OUR SHARES would have been $5,092.50

3 comments:

  1. Although no comments were left on this post but I know how many times it has been viewed. Therefore, here is the update I had promissed.
    today BP closed at 48.10 and the market value of OUR SHARES would have been $5,050.50
    Let's see what happens next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's update:
    OUR stock fluctuated between 46.00 and 47.24 and closed at $46.87 and the market value of OUR SHARES would have been $4,921.35.
    So, today would have been the first day we lost money. Let's see what's gonna happen next week. I'll keep you posted. I know some people are checking this post out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluctuation on Tuesday May 18th $45.27 - $46.78
    Closed @ $45.38
    Market Value of OUR SHARES would have been $4,764.90 reflecting loss of $275.... But let's wait and see.

    ReplyDelete