Sunday, May 23, 2010

Video Report About Shoosh


I just sat there and watched this short video in disbelief and learned how the government of Iran simply signed away the right to the French, in the 19th Century, to excavate in Shoosh and keep priceless artifacts!
My disbelief was bombarded with another feeling, PAIN, as I watched half way into the video and learned what had been done to a 12 ton stone head figure, in order to be able to transport it to France. I remember having seen this piece at the Louvre and here is a picture of it after restoration.
The short documentary manages to give out a lot of information in just a few minutes including referring to a castle that was built there by the French, "Acropol or Shoosh Castle".
The physical pain I felt in my chest has subsided but the wonderment has not been lifted yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment